Juneau Alaska Shore Excursions
Shore excursions for adventurous cruise ship passengers
Gastineau Guiding is committed to providing the same high level of quality and service that you are accustomed to receiving from your cruise line. For convenience and availability, use our web links, at the bottom of each tour description, to reserve and book your shore excursion directly with your cruise line. These original small-group fully guided wilderness shore excursions are only made available by Gastineau Guiding, and can only be booked through your participating cruise line.
- Each tour is limited to a small group of guests where personalized service, individual participation and attention to detail are the norm.
- These interactive adventures are scheduled to coincide with your ship’s port of call, and are dispatched by a member of your cruise line as well as one of our dock representatives.
- All excursions include transportation to and from your cruise ship dock, and are led by a professional interpretive guide for the entirety of the tour.
- Gastineau Guiding Company is a locally owned and operated and is not owned by any cruise line. This means your booking dollars directly benefit our Juneau community and the local organizations we support.
- Cruise line prices may vary slightly, but are all very close to our advertised retail price.
- Reserving shore excursions online is the fastest, most convenient way for you to confirm your tours. Your cruise line will handle the request and in most cases have your tickets waiting in your stateroom when you arrive.
- If the cruise ship delays or if there is in-climate weather, then the shore excursion department will take steps to inform you of any time changes or cancellations. In the unlikely event your tour runs late, the ship will wait for you or they will arrange transportation to the next port of call at no expense to you.
- Many cruise lines offer a hassle free cancellation policy, in case your plans change at the last minute.
Review our selection of Juneau Shore Excursions below and click on them for more details.
Cruise Line Excursions
Alaska’s Whales, Glaciers & Rainforest TrailsLearn More
Alaska’s Whales, Glaciers & Rainforest Trails
Delve into the wonders of Juneau's wilderness with a Certified Interpretive Guide as your leader. Take an easy hike through the temperate rain forest and moraine ecology at the Mendenhall Glacier, then experience watchable whales and other marine wildlife that inhabit the sheltered waterways of Stephens Passage. Whale sightings are guaranteed. This tour delivers the "must sees" of Juneau in a personable small group setting designed to engage the adventurous traveler.
Whale Watching & Mendenhall Glacier Photo SafariLearn More
Whale Watching & Mendenhall Glacier Photo Safari
Experience the beauty of Southeast Alaska in this customized, hands-on experience led by a professional photography guide. This awe-inspiring area awaits the nature enthusiast who wants to capture that perfect moment. Our goal is to provide a fun atmosphere, an opportunity to learn and engage and a chance to explore a new locale; all the while inspiring your passion for photography. No better place than here in Juneau, where you can practice on the photogenic Mendenhall Glacier and feeding humpback whales! Whale sightings are guaranteed!
Discover Alaska’s WhalesLearn More
Discover Alaska’s Whales
Want to know what it`s like being a research biologist in the wilds of Alaska? Join us on this unique tour, along with Alaska Sea Grant's Marine Advisory Program, the National Phytoplankton Monitoring Network and the University of Alaska on an exclusive science based exploration through Alaska`s famed Stephens Passage and the Mendenhall Glacier National Recreation Area. Whale sightings are guaranteed on this small group marine adventure.
Mendenhall Glacier Guide’s Choice Trail HikeLearn More
Mendenhall Glacier Guide’s Choice Trail Hike
With more miles of trails than roads, Juneau is the place for an adventurous day hike! Set out within the heart of the Tongass National Forest with your naturalist guide who will provide a wealth of knowledge about the region's natural and cultural history, as well as sharing his or her favorite local stories. You will enjoy views of the Mendenhall Glacier as you trek through both new and old growth temperate rainforest tracking the glaciers recession through time.